If you are planning to move to a new house what is the first thing that comes to mind before you step foot inside and start arranging your stuff? Obviously, cleaning tops the list for many! Although, the house is relatively new, several things that need to be done to ensure it stays that way.
One of the most important things is to have your drains inspected and cleaned out. Smelly or clogged drains are a pain to all. Here are some reasons why you need to ensure that your new house has clean drains.
- Piping quality and material play a great role in determining drain condition. For example, pipes made of cardboard, tar or wood fiber. Thus, ensure to have the pipes checked and make changes if any are required before you start living in your new home.
- Presence of unknown objects in the sewer line, for example, old toys, small kitchen utility items like spoons or forks, toilet rolls, wipes, pet litter, etc… from the occupants who lived there previously or any other foreign objects that happen to be in there accidentally. These may not pose a sudden threat at the time you move in, however, will cause a major problem one fine morning. Hence, it is better to identify such problems if any at the start.
- Presence of accumulated human hair or food particles in the drain will also lead to clogging and a foul smell that will emanate slowly and might not notice as you move in newly.
- Since you are new to the area, you might not know if anything from the outside might be bothering the sewer lines. For example, roots of certain plants have the tendency to grow long and naturally invade into your sewer pipes, which you might not be even aware of until one day when water stops flowing down the drains.
A good drain cleaning routine will help you identify if something is wrong or not and also estimate the severity of the problem. Once you identify the problem, you can have a plumber over to provide you with ways to deal with the problem. Several methods are available to fix your drain and keep it clean such as:
- Spray or pour in some chemicals that kill root growth to prevent them from entering the drain or sewer pipes.
- Perform thou rough drain cleaning regularly to avoid bad odor, clogging, choking or build of any unwanted waste or fungus.
- Alternatively, you can also contact some of the drainage companies Glasgow for example, to help you out. They deal with the problem professionally and quickly, causing no nuisance to the people who live in the house.